How To Install Viqua IHS12 D4 Minirack Ultraviolet System
Before you start, make sure your source water meets these requirements or you will need to treat it before the UV. Turbidity less than 1 NTU Uv/Transmittance must be greater than 75% Total Iron less than 0.3 ppm Manganese less than 0.05 ppm Hardness less than 7 gpg
Also, keep these precautions in mind: The UV disinfection system should be the last step of your water treatment system. Choose a location for installation with a nearby electrical outlet. Note the direction of water flow in the supply line, it would flow into the mini rack on the sediment filter side and out of it on the UV side. Refer to the plumbing diagram and check that you have all necessary fittings for installation. Note: A minimum of 17” clearance at lamp cord end of the chamber will allow most maintenance procedures to be accomplished without removing the Mini Rack system. The Mini Rack system needs to be mounted where you have access to replace the UV bulb in the future and where any water being spilled during filter replacement will not splash into or onto electrical components. Note: Do not touch the lamp or the quartz sleeve with your fingers. Handle by ends only or wear soft gloves.
1. Shut off the main water supply valve.
2. Mount the mini rack to the wall using the mounting bracket provided securely fastened to a 2x4 that is nailed or screwed to at least one wall stud. Water flows from left to right through the UV.
3. Install new plumbing as per diagram in manual. WARNING: if soldering, do not allow heat near plastic threads or fittings.
4. Slide controller onto mounting bracket. Insert the reference card between controller and mounting bracket.
5. Connect power cord to controller. DO NOT connect the power cord to the GFCI outlet at this time.
6. Place O-ring on the sleeve as shown. Insert the sleeve into the chamber as shown in step 6. Ensure quartz sleeve is properly centered in the chamber.
7. Place sleeve bolt onto the quartz sleeve, carefully push down and hand tighten onto chamber.
8. Insert lamp into the quartz sleeve and thread into sleeve bolt until hard stop.
9. Connect the green ground wire and red strain relief wire to the chamber using the grounding screw.
10. Align connection pins with the lamp connector by rotating the ring clamp. • Push the lamp connector down onto the lamp pins and the ring clamp pins until an audible click is heard. Note: Ensure the connector is engaged on both sides.
11) Connect power. Open all faucets and turn on water supply. Inspect for any leaks. Note: Outlet must be protected by a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI).
Your Viqua Minirack disinfection system is now ready for service. Before service begins, all household plumbing lines should be chemically disinfected. Please note that the above procedure is the same for Viqua Model Numbers: IHS12-D4. IHS22-D4 and IHS22-E4.
Note: Do not touch the lamp or the quartz sleeve with your fingers. Handle by ends only or wear soft gloves.
- Gary Beutler