Annual maintenance of replacing the filters and Ultraviolet lamp on your Easy Viqua VH200 F10 or VH410 F20 UV System will help ensure your system continues running smoothly. Properly caring for your system also helps ensure that the water at your home, cottage, or cabin remains safe for your family.
Not sure how or where to start? Don't worry, I'm here to show you how.
For VH200-F10 Replacement Bundle video, click here.
For VH410-F20 Replacement Bundle video, click here.
Ready to begin your UV System's annual maintenance? Great, let's get started!
- Shut off the water supply and open one downstream faucet to release pressure. Press the button on top of the filter housing to release the pressure from the cartridges.
- Disconnect the power source and allow the unit to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the lamp connector by squeezing the plastic locking tabs on the side of the connector and pulling.
- Remove the lamp in upward direction from the chamber and lamp connector base.
- Remove the bottom and top retaining nut, floating spring from bottom, and O rings. Clean the quartz sleeve with a cloth soaked in CLR, vinegar or some other mild acid and then rinse with water. Note: If sleeve cannot be cleaned completely or it’s scratched or cracked, then replace the sleeve.
- Reinstall the quartz sleeve in the chamber allowing the sleeve to protrude an equal distance at both ends of the chamber. Slide supplied O-rings onto each end of the quartz sleeve.
- Reinstall the top and bottom retaining nuts, floating spring in the bottom, and O-rings.
- Insert the new lamp fully into the chamber leaving about two inches of the lamp protruding from the chamber.
- Attach the connector to the lamp. Note that the connector will only allow correct installation in one position
- Hold down the timer reset button and reapply power to the controller until you see rSET, then release timer reset button. A 5 second delay will occur until you hear an audible tone and LED display will read 365 once again.
- Remove the filter housing from the unit by turning the blue collar counter-clockwise until it falls free from the head. Pull down the white filter housing with caution; you'll want to be careful as it will be full of water and will be heavy.
- Remove and discard the old cartridge, wash out the housing and install new cartridge.
- Reinstall the housing making sure O ring is coated with silicone grease and is fully seated on the housing.
- Open a faucet downstream of the system and turn on the water supply. After air has been purged, close the downstream faucet. Press the pressure button to purge air.