You need whole house water filter for your home or cottage because the water is full of dirt and chemicals but where do you start? This HUM Water Care 20” Dual Big Blue Filter housing is definitely the way to go. It comes fully assembled as you see here, no need to plumb the two housings together, attach to the brackets, line them up! Also, their large 20” size gives your family lots of capacity so you likely won’t need to replace the filters for a whole year. Obviously how long they actually last is based on how much water you use and how many contaminants you need to remove. Find the perfect location. You will need to install the filtration system before the plumbing splits into hot and cold and likely after your water softener and iron/sulphur equipment but if you’re looking to prefilter the water before your other equipment then it will need to be installed before.
The housing needs to be mounted where you have access to replace the filter in the future and where any water being spilled during filter replacement will not splash into or onto electrical components. Installation is super easy!
1. Shut off the main water supply valve.
2. Cut the pipe and mount the unit on the wall using the mounting bracket provided.
3. When installing the Filter Housing, make sure the water flows into the inlet. WARNING: if soldering, do not allow heat near plastic threads or fittings.
4. I always recommend installing ball valve shut offs before and after the filter housing to make future filter replacement easier.
5. Open the valves on either side of the Filter Housing. Check for leaks. Open supply valve slowly and bleed air from system.
6. Be sure to flush all new filters thoroughly before using water.