How to Replace Lamp and Filters in the Viqua IHS12 D4 Minirack UV System
Note: Do not touch the lamp or the quartz sleeve with your fingers. Handle by ends only or wear soft gloves.
1. Close all faucets and water supply. Press the pressure button to release the pressure from the cartridges.
2. Disconnect main power source and allow the unit to cool for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the lamp connector by pulling the tabs out and then upwards.
4. Hold sleeve bolt with one hand and turn lamp counterclockwise and pull the lamp outside the chamber in upward direction.
5. Unscrew the sleeve bolt and carefully remove it from the top of the chamber. Note: Sleeve may be attached to sleeve bolt. Hold sleeve with other hand while removing sleeve bolt.
6. Clean the quartz sleeve with a cloth soaked in CLR, vinegar or some other mild acid and then rinse with water. Note: If sleeve cannot be cleaned completely or it is scratched or cracked, then replace the sleeve.
7. Place O-ring on the sleeve as shown. Insert the sleeve into the chamber. Ensure quartz sleeve is properly centered in the chamber.
8. Place sleeve bolt onto the quartz sleeve, carefully push down and hand tighten onto chamber.
9. Insert new lamp into the quartz sleeve and thread into sleeve bolt until hard stop.
10. Align connection pins with the lamp connector by rotating the ring clamp. Push the lamp connector down onto the lamp pins and the ring clamp pins until an audible click is heard. Note: Ensure the connector is engaged on both sides.
11. Restore power. If new lamp was inserted, press and hold lamp timer reset button for 5 seconds. Display should read 365.
12. Press the pressure button to release the pressure from the cartridges.
13. Remove the drain plug at the bottom of the sump and place a pail to catch the water. Reinstall the drain plug.
14. Remove both the housings using sump wrench.
16. Reinstall the housings.
17. Open a faucet downstream of the system and turn on the water supply. Close the downstream faucet. Press the pressure button to purge air.
- Tags: Viqua IHS12-D4
- Gary Beutler